After a competitive request for proposal (RFP) process, the State of Colorado will offer new healthcare and dental plans starting July 1, 2015. This means that all state employees must go through the active enrollment process in order to be covered in the new fiscal year.
Here are your options during the 2015 Open Enrollment period:
- Re-enroll in your current plan
- Enroll in a new plan
- Add or drop covered dependents
- Sign up (or re-enroll) for a Flexible Spending Account
- Get optional life insurance without having to provide evidence of insurability (EOI)
- Discontinue State of Colorado coverage
The only exception would be if you have what’s called a qualifying life event like marriage, birth, or adoption. If you do not enroll in State of Colorado benefits, you will be dropped and you will not have coverage in FY 2015-16.
For more information go to Colorado.gov/dhr/benefits.