Annual Salary – Between $54,000 and $64,000/YR
Location: Colorado (Denver and other locations in Colorado)
Be part of making organizing history in Colorado.
Colorado just joined the ranks of 36 states that have collective bargaining right for public employees. Colorado WINS is looking to build a statewide team to organize 28,000 state employees in a game-changing campaign to win new investment in public services and the workers who provide those services. We need an energetic organizing director to lead the work of organizing state employees and help to build a powerful statewide organization. The organizing director will lead an organizing team that is working to build membership and leadership in Colorado WINS.
Colorado WINS is a joint affiliate of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). Our union is leading the work for all people to have unions, no matter the job that they do. We are state employees who come from every walk of life, every political party, every background, every faith. We provide essential public services. We are fighting for a just society where all families and communities can thrive, and where we leave a better and more equitable world for generations to come.
Purpose: The Digital Organizer is part of a statewide organizing team that is working to build membership and leadership in Colorado WINS. The Digital Organizer will use online to offline worker organization to advance the program of the union.
- Build a broad base of state employees who engage other state employees in the program of the union
- Recruit and develop member organizers and an online organizing committee to build the membership and leadership of state employees.
- Build online to offline engagement in actions, lobbying, communicating with other state employees etc. to build membership and leadership in Colorado WINS
- Develop the leadership of members to organize, advocate, lead actions, educate the public, and engage in political action.
- Engage labor and community allies in supporting Colorado WINS campaigns.
- Move elected leaders to invest in public services and the state workforce.
- At least two (2) years of related work experience required, including work using social media platforms
- Knowledge of labor strategies and tactics used to organize and lead workers.
- Knowledge of unions and their issues.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects and meet established timelines.
- Ability to work effectively with elected leaders and members in complex and sometimes in political situations
- Ability to communicate political and policy priorities to members.
- Strong writing, research and communication skills.
- Strong listening, training, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently, navigate obstacles, discern priorities, meet competing deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Strong database management skills that inform analysis of the base and strategy.
- Available to work variable hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have car, car insurance, and a valid driver’s license.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is between $54k to $64k per year, including a generous benefits package.
Application Requirements: A resume is required for all applications (and a cover letter is highly recommended). The cover letter should explain the reason for wanting to work for Colorado WINS to include an example of a demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into the applicant’s long-term career plan. Applications can be sent to email@example.com
Colorado WINS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.