- This event has passed.
Southern Colorado Corrections Conference
April 22 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Can’t fill out the embedded form? OPEN THE RSVP FORM IN A SEPARATE WINDOW.
Over recent months WINS members across the Colorado Department of Corrections have been identifying drafting a list of serious concerns.
We will bring those issues to Southern Colorado lawmakers during our Corrections Conference.
To confirm your attendance, fill out the form on the right.
Here are some things identified as issues by DOC members:
- Staffing levels are critically low in facilities around the state
- New ways of defining assaults obscure what’s really going on and offenders’ security levels are being overridden and those offenders are increasingly in places that jeopardize safety.
- Parole officers who protect the public as offenders begin their transition are hamstrung by heavy handed management.
- Healthcare employees are putting their licenses, safety and patients at risk through short staffing and long, uncompensated work hours.
- Short staffing around DOC and insanely high turnover have become a snowballing problem, feeding off of itself.
- Safety concerns and a seemingly unconcerned upper management group have driven morale to a low point.
Come to the Southern Colorado Corrections Convention, meet with your coworkers, and engage in a productive discussion about how to make DOC better.