Annual Salary – Between $60,000 and $70,000/YR
Location: Colorado (Denver and other locations in Colorado)
Be part of making organizing history in Colorado.
Colorado just joined the ranks of 36 states that have collective bargaining right for public employees. Colorado WINS is looking to build a statewide team to organize 28,000 state employees in a game-changing campaign to win new investment in public services and the workers who provide those services. We need an energetic organizing director to lead the work of organizing state employees and help to build a powerful statewide organization. The organizing director will lead an organizing team that is working to build membership and leadership in Colorado WINS.
Colorado WINS is a joint affiliate of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). Our union is leading the work for all people to have unions, no matter the job that they do. We are state employees who come from every walk of life, every political party, every background, every faith. We provide essential public services. We are fighting for a just society where all families and communities can thrive, and where we leave a better and more equitable world for generations to come.
The Organizing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Organizing Director in carrying out the organizing programs. The Coordinator is responsible for helping to manage major elements of the Local’s organizing program.
- Supervise, lead, assign, and evaluate staff, including developing individual work plans with staff and overseeing their implementation and evaluation.
- Design and implement staff training and development plans and programs.
- Recruit, interview and recommend hiring staff.
- Review and make recommendations on appropriate allocation of staff and resources.
- Formulate and administer organizing plans and campaign budgets including strategic planning, budget development and office administration.
- Authorizes expenditures within the campaign budget.
- Integrates organizing plans with all local union programs.
- Maintain day-to-day contact with SEIU leadership; works independently to integrate strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the local.
- At least one (2) year of supervisory experience and three (3) years of related work experience required.
- Ability to train and develop new organizers
- Thorough knowledge of labor organizing planning and development.
- Knowledge of strategies and tactics used to organize and lead workers, including managing data, organizing reports, and organizer turf.
- Knowledge of unions and their issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to make formal presentations and write advocacy papers.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects and meet established timelines.
- Ability to work effectively with elected leaders and members in complex and sometimes in political situations.
- Ability to conduct training sessions.
- Ability to communicate political and policy priorities to members.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is between $60K – $70K per year, including a generous benefits package.
Application Requirements: A resume is required for all applications (and a cover letter is highly recommended). The cover letter should explain the reason for wanting to work for Colorado WINS to include an example of a demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into the applicant’s long-term career plan. You can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado WINS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.