Show Your Support —
It’s Easy to Help!
- Download and Print a #COworkersRising #UnionforAll sign.
- Capture Your Photo Or Video
- Post Your Photo or Video
- Reach an Even Wider Audience
Jennifer is making her voice heard! Can you share a #COworkersRising #UnionsForAll photo or video too?
Colorado lawmakers can give thousands of state employees the freedom to collectively bargain a union contract by passing the WINS bill.
Your picture can make a difference.
Our fight for the freedom to collectively bargain a union contract isn’t just about state policy — it’s about ensuring that Colorado’s nearly 29,000 state employees are empowered to tackle workplace issues that undermine vital public service in health, education, public safety, and transportation.
To secure a stronger voice for state employees, we need to make as much noise as we can before the legislature adjourns on May 3. To join our #COworkersRising and #UnionsForAll photo petition, just snap and share a quick selfie picture or video showing your support for the WINS bill.
Need a sign? Get it here. Better yet, make your own!
- “My name is _______. I work for _______, and I support the WINS bill.”
- “#COworkersRising and #UnionsforAll
- “Support the WINS bill.”
- “When state employees have a voice, Colorado wins.”
Don’t have a printer? You can always add the #COworkersRising and #UnionsforAll hashtags and/or one of these messages to your social media post or story when you publish your photo or video.
2. Capture Your Photo or Video
Submit a picture. Or, are you willing to record an even more powerful 10-30 second video for social media?
Make sure your photo isn’t too dark, blurry, or busy. You and your sign should be the clear focus of the picture.
First, find a quiet, well-lit place where you can record a 30-second to one-minute video showing your support for the WINS bill and a stronger voice for state employees. It may be easiest to have a friend or family member record you.
If you have trouble getting started with what to say, you may wish to use one of the starter phrases below:
- “My name is [YOUR NAME] and I work at [YOUR DEPARTMENT]. Our public services are in real trouble. On my job I see…”
- “Hi. My name is [YOUR NAME], and I support the WINS bill for state employees because…”
- “My name is [YOUR NAME} and I work at [YOUR STATE AGENCY OR DEPARTMENT]. State employees need the freedom to collectively bargain for a union contract because…”
3. Post Your Photo or Video
Post on Social Media
Now it’s time to make your voice heard. Here some tips to make the most of your effort.
- Include the hashtags #COworkersRising and #UnionsforAll on your posts for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media. This helps us track the strength of our movement in Colorado and better target our outreach to legislators.
- Make it personal. Be sure to let your social media connections know how you — and the work you do — is impacted by understaffing, high employee turnover, and low morale. Or, share how the freedom to collectively bargain for a union contract could help address workplace issues.
- Tag friends and family who’ll support your efforts, and ask them to amplify your message by resharing. Be sure to make your Facebook post “public” when you post so that we can see your support!
Don’t like Social Media?
Not everybody does. Fortunately, you don’t have to be on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social network to help spread the word and build support for the WINS bill.
Why not email your friends the photo and ask them to join you? You can use the text below — and remember to attach your photo to the email!
Hey, I just took this photo and I wanted you to see it. Today, I’m showing my support for the WINS bill. It’s legislation that would finally give state employees the freedom to collectively bargain a union contract.
Can you do me a favor? Take your own photo showing support for a stronger voice for state employees to help address the crisis in public services. It’s easy:
One in five authorized state jobs is currently vacant, and it’s not hard to see why. Challenges like chronic understaffing, stagnant wages — state employees now make roughly six percent less than most other workers in the state, according to the state’s own figures, and high turnover are undermining public services in the Centennial State.
With a stronger voice, state employees can work with management to tackle workforce issues like understaffing and employee turnover that are undermining health, education, transportation, and other vital public services.
The WINS bill could make a huge difference to thousands of state employees — and the Coloradans who rely on these important services. To pass it, we need to make as much noise as we can before the legislature adjourns on May 3.
Please help me stand up for state employees. Show your support for the WINS bill by taking a picture and sharing on social media or by email to your friends.
Reach an Even Wider Audience
Just email workersrising[at]cowins.org with a link to your post and we may share your picture on our social media accounts!