Wage Campaign

Can’t fill in the form? OPEN THE FORM IN A SEPARATE WINDOW.

UPDATE (3/24): The Joint Budget Committee has included a raise for state employees in Colorado’s budget for Fiscal Year 2017/18.

Budget writers agreed on a 1.75% across-the-board increase with an additional 0.75% in Merit Pay increases, for a total of 2.5% raise. 

Read more here.

 

UPDATE (3/21): Colorado WINS members delivered 545 petition signatures to the Joint Budget Committee on Lobby Day, Monday, March 20.

We are waiting to hear from the JBC about whether they include a raise for state workers in the budget.

 

Why do state workers need a raise and a commitment to Partnership?

The state’s inability to keep pace with private sector pay is causing a crisis in staffing at facilities across the state.

The state is chronically understaffed in its prisons, mental health hospitals, group homes for the developmentally disabled, and youth correction facilities.

In order to recruit and retain a high caliber of public employees, who make Colorado one of the best-run states in the nation, the state must stay competitive in its compensation.

We must focus on paying competitive salaries to the nurses who work with challenging clients, the parole officers who keep our communities safe and our offenders on the right path, and all other state workers who use their knowledge and expertise in their everyday work.

We need a statewide commitment to Partnership, because workers know best how to streamline and improve state services and their input should be valued.

 

*You can get DPA’s full FY 2017-18 salary survey report and letter from their website.

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Comments are closed.